Friday, July 16, 2010

Sweet Tea & A Grownup Arnold Palmer

Since I began my exploits into the realm of mixology, I've had tons of leftover Lavender Simple Syrup. It's also been hotter than balls so I made this...

Dorien's Sweet Tea
8 C boiling water
2 Lipton Iced Tea Brew Tea Bags
A handfull of mint
Lavender simple syrup to taste

Boil the water and steep tea for 5 minutes, throw mint in while it's hot and let it cool on your stove. Transfer to a pitcher and into the fridge when it's tepid. You can sweeten the tea after it cools or while it's hot (the syrup dissolves regardless). It's so simple but so refreshing when all you want to do is take a nap in your refrigerator. Alright, now for the doozie, on the 4th of July we modified this recipe and made these...

Grown Up Arlonld Palmers
1 part vodka
3 parts "Dorien's Sweet Tea"
1 part lemonade

Good luck with that. Happy Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dorien! I am LOVING your blog...it's so great to see you happy and healthy and rockin it, girl!

    Much love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I finally have an outlet for all my crazy obsessions. Thanks for putting up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all these drink recipes! I am so lazy when it comes to making cocktails, but you've given me some awesome inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete