Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dog Beach

My dog is my best friend. I love her in a crazy, borderline unhealthy, I wish I could take her everywhere, kind of way. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't sleep in my bed, she's not allowed on the furniture, she's totally trained and is never fed from the table. I don't spoil her, just with love. So, so much crazy love.

She's almost 11 now and her hips aren't what they used to be. Her thyroid isn't working like it used too and she has terrible arthritis. But here, on the beach, on any beach, you'd never know.
Here, she's a puppy...
...and a fetch machine...
..and a water beast...
...and a ball of salty, dirty boundless energy.
Here, she is the happiest. So here we come. As much as we can.
And it makes us happy too.
Because it's beautiful and she's beautiful and because we love her.
In that crazy, I want to take her everywhere, kind of way.

2 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean! i want to take mine everyhwere... However, the caveat: My dog (current and all the loved ones who've passed on, including Mattie, who's in my current avatar here) gets to be on the bed, furniture and gets some of my vegetarian snacks on special occasions... yes, from the table!! GREAT photographs!!

    <3 from San Diego

    ReplyDelete