Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween At Our House

I'm not a big fan of blood and gore. It's seems ironic since three of my IMDB credits are horror movies. I'll be in them, but watching them... I'm just too much of a wimp. When I watch scary movies, they stick with me and I can't shake them out of my brain. When Halloween comes around though, that is a different story. I love haunted houses, corn mazes and all the spooky stuff that comes with it. I want to emphasize the word "spooky." You see spooky is different than horror, well in my mind at least. When I think spooky, I think, crows, bats, bare trees and witches. When I think of the other, I think, bubbling puss and blood and wounds and...eh, you get it.

So this year for Halloween, I spent $3 on black and orange poster board and made this.

Side note - The bars on the window of our house is a carry-over from the 70's when they were fashionable-necessary. They make me cringe. If I owned this house, I would rip them out immediately. Alas, until we buy a house of our own, use your imagination as to how cool this would look with out them.

I free-handed the image, cut it out with kitchen scissors and scotch taped it to my front window.

During the day, it casts shadows all around the living room.


Spooky, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment